Director of Surgical Services
McCall and Lee has been engaged by a community based hospital to recruit a Director of Surgical Services to join their team. We are seeking a well skilled, highly productive team player to work with their programs as the Director of Surgical Services. Under general direction of the Chief Nursing Executive, is responsible for analysis, planning, staffing, coordinating, supervising, and directing services within the Surgical Services department.
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and administers the annual operational budget to ensure program objectives and cost effectiveness are reached; determines staffing requirements; supervises line and support staff directly and/or through subordinate managers; establishes standards for and ensures compliance with administrative and/or operational needs and requirements.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates overall services, programs, and policies; collaborates with other administrative and ancillary departmental staff in planning, implementing, and evaluating overall hospital services, programs, and policies.
- Recommends policy positions; organizes hospital services and systems to meet patient care and patient hospital needs and objectives; delineates lines of authority, functional responsibilities, accountability and communication; supervises the development of staffing patterns and approves proposed levels and skill mixes within hospital programs.
- Directs the planning, implementation and maintenance of a systematic process for monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of operations and for resolving identified problems; provides for an on-going management development program for managers and supervisors.
- Represents operations and administration at designated committee meetings and at outside functions as required; participates in labor negotiations as required.
- Develops, organizes, and prepares special studies and reports.
- Maintains professional affiliations and participates in educational programs; collaborates with other public and private hospitals, physicians, and other providers, organizations, County departments, and community groups to foster a positive presence in the community.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Needed
- a Bachelor's degree in a health care related discipline,
- at least two (2) years of full-time surgical nursing experience in a hospital of similar size, and
- at least one (1) year of experience in a hospital senior management position that included supervisory responsibility.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California Board of Registered Nurses
- Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certificate
Highly Skilled Candidates will have
- Possession of a Master's degree in a health care related discipline
- Experience as a Nursing Director, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), or Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Certified Nurse-Operating Room (CNOR) certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of: theories and programs for hospital operation, administration, and services applicable to managing assigned department and staff; conflict resolution and negotiation techniques; principles and practices of program planning and evaluation; professional standards related to treatment; legislative/regulatory analysis and community liaison practices; hospital policy and procedures and the fire, safety, and disaster plan; disaster planning; patient rights; and the basic nursing performance standards in accordance with the Nursing Practice Act of California.
For consideration contact
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice
Tel 512-444-6400 x80 Direct Line 323-515-8299