endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!Surface Treatment Specialist
As a Surface Treatment Technologist
, you will be responsible for research, development, engineering, and global operations. In this position, you will serve as a technical expert on glass container surface treatments such as hot-end coatings, cold-end coatings, internal treatments, and decoration. You will establish a plant-based internal network and provide technical assistance on topics related to container lubricity, conveyance, labeling, decoration, annealing, scuffing, and filling line performance. You may specify new equipment and upgrades, leveraging external vendors for engineering. In-plant work will involve training, troubleshooting, and solving difficult technical challenges. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving the adoption of new technologies, processes, or standards which give a competitive advantage in the packaging industry.Your Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve specifications of surface treatment equipment and processes (hot end, cold end, internal, ceramic label, and similar).
- Work collaboratively with third parties to engineer and install surface treatment equipment.
- Maintain specifications for surface coatings, evaluating new products and solutions.
- Evaluate coating equipment available on the market.
- Perform installation and set-up of surface treatment equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues related to scuffing, filling line performance, decoration, lubricity, and labeling either in the glass plant or at the customer’s site.
- Develop a network of plant personnel responsible for applying surface treatments.
- Partner with regional engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Department, ensuring that containers meet functional specifications.
- Collaborate with R&D scientists and engineers to develop a pilot and production-scale surface treatment equipment and processes.
- Develop novel decorations and enhancements to container performance.
In this position you will report to the Glass and Materials Science Discipline Leader in Global Technology.About You:Required:
- Bachelor’s in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, mechanical engineering or similar field
- 7+ years’ full-time work experience in surface coatings in a manufacturing environment, preferably on glass
- Experience in manufacturing plants via roles either at the shop-floor level or providing technical support
- English language – fluent
- MS Office – advanced
- 15+ years’ full-time work experience in surface coatings in a manufacturing environment on glass.
- Experience in glass container industry surface coatings.
- An understanding of glass quality parameters related to scuffing, annealing, lubricity, and decoration.
- Glass container industry experience, specifically in the use of surface coatings.
- Spanish language proficiency desired.
What We Offer:
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Build and maintain credible relationships with manufacturing plants across the world in many different cultures.
- Excellent networking ability, establishing technical connections to plant staff responsible for surface treatments.
- Partner across technical disciplines and business functions.
- Cultivate positive relationships with external vendors.
- Carrying influence and holding others accountable without direct authority.
- Demonstrate a mentality of continuous improvement and an open mind to new ways of doing things.
- Identify gaps in existing knowledge/processes.
- Ability to self-start and independently manage a technical space.
- Establish working partnerships and collaborations, both internal and external to.
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Half-Day Fridays
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more…
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.