As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Support Staff to join our team of talented professionals. Must be available 1pm-6pm Monday-Friday and 9am-2pm on Saturdays.
As a Support Staff in the Adult & Family Program, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a warm and welcoming greeting to clients and visitors.
- Answer a multi-phone line system, follow through on routing call to the appropriate destination, in a friendly, customer-service oriented manner.
- Complete a Phone Referral for all new clients seeking services.
- Schedule client intakes with staff therapists.
- Maintain and schedule clients for psychiatric services.
- Facilitate the financial transaction of client co-pays/deductibles/outstanding balances.
- Maintain an accurate recording of daily financial transactions.
- Secure client charts for psychiatrists, and/or closed records as needed.
- Contact clients to confirm appointments.
- Typing reports, letters, or other documentation as needed.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Copying as needed.
- Verify client insurance benefits.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalency.
- Must have demonstrated ability to greet clients, answer multiple phone line system, file, account for client financial transactions.
- Previous front desk employment in a mental health or substance abuse organization preferred.
- Must have Microsoft office computer skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to attend to details, track and prepare data.
- Must be able to interpret instructions both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated a non-judgmental approach that reflects cultural competency.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle crisis situations.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line at www.guidance-center.org/careers.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online