Supply Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring Suppliers and business processes meet customer and company Quality expectations through Quality programs and processes. Implement and ensure Quality requirements emphasizing Supplier quality, RCFA, corrective actions, continuous improvement, adherence to specifications, and processes are followed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Percent (%) of Time
1. Supplier (Parts) Quality: Drive improvement with suppliers by A.) Establishing incoming inspection programs with new and existing suppliers, B.) Lead problem resolution with suppliers and internal functional areas, C.) Drive corrective action and timely disposition of defective materials and parts. 25%
2. Equipment Quality: Responsible for remote engineered equipment inspection program including adherence to best practice design principles and fabrication quality. 25%
3. Quality Documentation and Standards: Establish and Maintain Quality Inspection Work Instructions and Quality Standards. Train and Mentor team members on inspection and standards. Exhibit excellent communication internally and externally of Quality issues and actions, including customer communication as needed. Ensure all inspection equipment is maintained, organized, and always calibrated. Lead auditor and contributor for ISO 9001 Quality Standards. 20%
4. Technical: Serve as the liaison between the Supply Chain, Suppliers, and Engineering on proper documentation of drawing requirements and quality standards. Establish new requirements where needed, with alignment from Engineering. Apply Six Sigma and Lean Principles within the Organization to improve overall business efficiency, quality, and profitability. 15%
5. Measure: Maintain Quality KPIs to ensure continuous improvement. Identify root causes in a timely fashion. Communicate progress on Pangborn Quality goals and achievements. 10%
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial preferred
Work-Related Experience: 10+ Years of Quality Experience
Certification and licenses:
1. ASQ CQM/CQE certification required, ISO Lead Auditor
2. OSHA-10, Six Sigma, Project Management preferred
Skills, knowledge, abilities (e.g. software proficiency, interpersonal and communication skills, language):
1. 5 – 10 years of work experience specific to metal fabrication, castings, metallurgy, and sheet metal material applications.
Experience in incoming/outgoing and inspection of parts with proficient use of precision measuring instruments (calipers, meters, gauges). Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of Quality Management and Systems as well as Quality tools. Experience implementing Quality programs within all aspects of business processes (warehouse distribution, engineering, supply chain) with continuous improvement objectives.
2. Ability to be a collaborative Leader in problem resolution. Ability to make decisions that uphold the integrity of Quality Management while taking into consideration cost and time. Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on technical writing/reporting. Outstanding communication (internal and client-facing), organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
4. Computer Proficiency: All Microsoft Office 365 elements, ERP, and statistical software are a plus.
5. Business Travel: 25-30% of the time in North America. Key Suppliers are located in Canada and Mexico.
Salary: $75-95KClick here to apply online