please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Supply Chain Manager, Global Energy
Location: North America USA Bethlehem, PA (Hybrid Position)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager, Global Energy at our Bethlehem, PA location. The Supply Chain Manager, Global Energy, under general supervision, is responsible for managing the company’s end to end sourcing operations with annual purchasing requirements of $50M. Responsible for improving sourcing activities by analyzing the company’s spend and creating long-term, successful partnerships with suppliers based on their quality, value and ability to respond quickly to changing requirements in order to help the company meet its growth objectives.
- Manage the company’s supply of energy commodities, including power, natural gas, and liquid fuels, ensuring world class performance and reliability.
- Continuously monitor market intelligence to develop and implement effective sourcing and category management strategies.
- Utilize RFP and similar tools to leverage competition among multiple suppliers in deregulated markets.
- Design and execute hedge strategies to support business objectives.
- Identify and qualify new sources for both short and long term partnerships, including renewable options that support corporate goals.
- Use knowledge of regulatory rate structures and identify efficiency opportunities to lower energy operating costs.
- Negotiate contract language and terms to minimize risk.
- Systematically evaluate and manage supplier performance to optimize all aspects of value.
- Utilize strong financial acumen to track, analyze, and forecast cost performance.
- Actively participates in the implementation of continuous improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.