Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
With overall responsibility for the performance of the external suppliers, you will create and help shape the supply chain management; vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedure to aid and improve operational performance. Accountable for the supplier performance within the assigned region. To manage the supply chain buyers assigned in region in the execution of commodity and category strategies whilst maintaining the company’s purchasing systems
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Where designated, responsible for the delivery performance (including New Product Introduction) of those suppliers that trade with Magellan in the region. Consults with the global category team and agrees counter measures where supplier performance falls below acceptable standards.
- Knowledge and experience in strategically working with suppliers and the principles of supplier performance management, implementing robust KPIs and ensuring OTIF delivery performance.
- Monitor, measure, and analyse supplier performance and provide regular updates to senior management on supplier risk, performance, and relationship. Act as the key point of contact for escalation for failing relationships, creating plans to improve the service received.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply of services.
- Lead inventory reduction and optimisation on externally purchased items.
- Contribute to overall business strategy, annual budget process, and performance reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively to ensure the delivery of the supply chain objectives.
- Provide leadership and coaching within functional accountability. Responsible for recruitment and staff training, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans, and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables.
- Ownership of supplier management policies, procedures, guidelines, and any associated documents.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/custom regulations and compliance with aviation security, legal, and health and safety requirements.
- Key point of contact for the external audits to provide information on the SRM programme, Supplier contracts and relevant policies and procedures.
- [Bachelor’s in a relevant commercial or engineering degree or equivalent combination of training & experience.
- Preferably a Fellow or Member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years relevant technical Supply Chain Management experience.
- 5+ years in Supplier Management Teams across multiple sites/regions.
- Previous experience within the Aerospace industry is preferable but not essential.
- Supplier performance and relationship management in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of technical regulations and legislation related to the field.
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level.
- Ability to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data, providing meaningful information.
- Business Acumen; Communication; Motivation; Critical thinking & Problem solving; Conflict management; Timely decision making.
Proficient English business communications are required.
The ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures as and when required. Also, the ability to interface with key stakeholders.
Ethics & Values
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!