Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Designer
- Full Time- Temporary 6 month Contract.
- 39 hours a week
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Within this role, our successful candidate will be responsible for the mapping of the current and future supply chains. Working with internal stakeholders to ensure the business has a clear understanding of the supply chain and resulting costs, ensuring an optimal flow of products.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focused
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Support the Strategic Planning Manager & Category Manager where required in data collection and supply chain mapping.
- Support GSB recommendation with supply chain maps and cost evaluations of the current and future state designs.
- Ensure optimised supply chain designs, which a focus of the Total Cost of Acquisition.
- Make recommendations on inventory levels and buffering within the supply chain to overcome potential supply constraints and uncertainties
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) desired or working towards the qualification
- 3-5 years of Supply Chain Design experience or equivalent
- Supply chain design and logistics management
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- Project Management
- Results orientated - meets deadlines, identifies actions, achieves goals
- Innovator - thinks creatively, anticipates changes, produces solutions
- Complier – follows procedures and encourages others to as well
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Decision making
- Positive “can do attitude”
- Proactivity with a solution orientated approach
- Resilience to overcome problems
- Adaptability and flexible to new ideas and ways of working
- Influencer – builds relationships and effectively presents arguments
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!