Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Supply Chain Controller
- Permanent full time contract.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Working closely with colleagues in Manufacturing, Stores, Dispatch & Quality the Supply Chain Controller is responsible for ensuring continuity of parts / raw materials supplied to support manufacturing and where necessary design.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ordering against EFACS (MRP) as and when required production parts
- Reviewing weekly EFACS exception reports, and making any timely interventions required
- Sourcing new, or appropriate, suppliers for particular business requirements
- Negotiating and establishing supply contracts
- Controlling Consignment / Kan Ban systems
- Supporting and attending all required meetings
- Specific Supply Chain projects as required
- Constantly improving the quality and reliability of supply
- Contributing to lower costs and efficient inventory turnover
- Reconciling invoice/Purchase Order queries
- Assisting with the 6 monthly stock check
- Minimum 5 GCSE Levels including Maths and English, Candidates with university degrees will also be considered
- Up to 3 months in a similar office environment
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to build relationships
- Be willing to travel as and when required
- First rate IT skills, MRP & Microsoft Office
- Computer literate
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Commercial awareness with the focus on efficiency and cost control.
- Team player, excellent communicator.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!