Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Buyer.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This role is key to ensuring the Magellan supply chain delivers in line with the delivery schedule. It is the 1st point of contact with the supplier, critical to building the supplier relationship and provides the link between the supplier and business.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Issue order book from SAP to supplier and manage supplier delivery schedule in line with plan
- Manage changes to the order demand schedule and maintain dates in SAP
- Material coverage – ensure supplier delivers on-time, expediting where appropriate
- Goods-in and Invoice queries – lead investigations and drive resolution
- Supplier delivery meetings – lead weekly supplier delivery meetings and ensure action closure
- Attend daily operational meetings (SQDCP) to provide updates from the suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements with suppliers, cost, processes, data or systems
- GCSE – Maths and English
- Relevant degree – business, engineering etc. (desired)
- Working towards Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualification (desired)
- Material or inventory control
- Logistics or project controls (non-essential)
- Commercial awareness
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Understanding of MRP system (SAP preferable)
- Communication – written and verbal
- Team player
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Adaptable and flexible to new ideas and ways of working
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!