Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Buyer
- Full Time – 6month Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth
The Supply Chain Buyer role is responsible for working with the Supply Chain Lead, to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day business.
Working with internal stakeholders (intercompany) and suppliers to ensure products (including raw material and special processing) are delivered on time to the agreed system price and quality requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Complete Purchase Order approval process through to issue to supplier
- Check requisitions to ensure correct supplier, nominal code and quotations
- Goods & Services on time delivery – manage and expedite to required lead-times - intercompany and supplier
- Invoice queries – lead investigations and drive resolution to invoice issues
- Blanket order – working with the Category Lead ensure order coverage
- Support data gathering and analysis for key meetings – Business Reviews, Rate readiness and Weekly Management meeting
- Attend daily operational meetings to provide updates from the supply chain and implement daily actions
- Support annual spend and budget forecasting
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements in service levels to internal stakeholders
- Support meetings with suppliers in line with Supplier Relationship Management activities
- SAP – support the roll out of SAP across MAL-UK and maintain SAP data integrity
- Cost Reduction – provide ideas to support departmental targets
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) desired or working towards the qualification
- Procurement or operational experience or equivalent in a customer facing role
- Commercial awareness
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Communication – written and verbal
- Team player
- Positive “can do attitude”
- Adaptable and flexible to new ideas and ways of working
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!