Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Supply Chain Analyst will work directly for the Director of Procurement, Planning and Logistics.
As a Supply Chain Analyst you will be responsible for the data management of; supplier performance information, procurement spend, and supply chain metrics to facilitate the effective management and reporting of performance and initiatives.
The Supply Chain Analyst will also assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Director of Procurement, Planning and Logistics.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Develop and apply Supply Chain metrics to evaluate performance.
- General procurement administration support, such as, block invoice management, contract registers/databases.
- In conjunction with the Category teams and Supply Management team, provide information / reports / analysis to facilitate the negotiations with suppliers
- Update purchase spend forecasts and cost reduction performance for direct and indirect purchases
- Provide support to the procurement team in their activities including communications with suppliers
- Report supplier performance on monthly basis on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Keeping a close eye on the market to identify trends and remain proactive
- Support the development of robust procurement policies, procedures, and presentations as required.
- Bachelor’s in a relevant commercial or engineering degree or equivalent combination of training & experience.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) desired or working towards the qualification
- Analytical supply chain experience in a manufacturing industry
- Business Acumen
- Critical thinking & Problem solving
- Conflict management
- Timely decision making.
- Proficient English business communications are required.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- To write reports, correspondence, and procedures as and when required.
- Interface with key stakeholders.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!