We are looking for a Relationship Executive – Supplier Diversity who will be responsible for executing Vertex’s marketing outreach with the Supplier Diversity and procurement organizations of Fortune enterprises.
Your goal will be to register Vertex as a diverse and minority supplier with organizations that have a supplier diversity program and is committed to supplier diversity.
You will cold call on supplier diversity teams and procurement teams of our target customers. You will build bridges and relationships and pursue these to ensure that Vertex is registered as a diverse supplier with the target customers. You will also be responsible for networking with supplier diversity teams, procurement teams and other influencers, at industry events, procurement trade shows, and local and regional events that are geared towards identifying diverse and minority-owned suppliers.
You will identify and actively leverage other channels such as social media (e.g., LinkedIn) to create the bridges and promote Vertex.
You need to be fully conversant and adept with Vertex’s services and represent these services to the procurement decision chain.
About the Job
This is a full-time position located in Cleveland, OH or Boston, MA. The position offers a competitive salary, benefits and performance bonus.
Vertex is an Information Technology Services company. We provide IT-based consulting and implementation services to large, medium and small enterprises. Vertex is a technology partner with companies such as Microsoft, Salesforce, and others. Our solutions are niche and avant-garde and provide our customers with market differentiation. We actively participate in the technology ecosystem and contribute new ideas and expound the use of technology to solve business problems. Vertex is a minority-owned enterprise.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in relationship building roles
- Track record of generating and managing leads through the marketing life cycle stages leading to new business opportunities
- Track record of lead generation through social media engagement and other channels
- Familiarity with Information Technology and the role IT platforms and applications play in enterprises
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Outgoing personality, a people person, and someone who can connect easily with people
- Willing to travel within the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications