Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Supplier Scheduler at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, MB.
The Supplier Scheduler will be responsible for the execution stage of the material BUY plan. The incumbent will control the purchase order blanket release plan from the Release fence through to completion of the purchased supply orders. This will also include all Vendor follow-up and issue resolution required to fulfill the external supply chain requirements. This role will work closely with Operations personnel, Material Planners and Purchasing personnel to ensure the proper phasing and scheduling of purchased components to achieve the production schedule. The output of this role will provide the feedback to the production plan to validate it and will provide the required adjustments to re-align any shortfalls.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Launching and execution of the external supply chain activities through Blanket release purchase orders, including the follow up and problem resolutions associated.
- Assisting in Managing Supplier Delivery schedules through the SMS Portal.
- Maintaining planning factors and lead times to validate the external supply chain.
- Reporting of shortfalls to the production schedule, along with assisting in the development of recovery plans.
- Supporting program reporting requirements for production line support.
- Supporting Strategic Deployment program activities through the A3 deployment process and participation.
- Supporting system enhancement and migration activities to introduce new and better solutions utilizing the MRP systems.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 1 to 5 years of manufacturing experience; aerospace experience will be considered an asset.
- Grade XII along with enrollment in either the APICS or PMAC Programs.
- Demonstrated capability with MRP systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.