SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
Location – Pennsylvania 17084 (hybrid schedule - 3 days in the office 2 days work from home)
Visa Candidates not considered
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at our company*. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better.
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today the company’s purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
Be responsible for achieving a state of high-quality performance at our Supplier partners and pursuing continuous quality improvement through the application of Quality Engineering practices on company products/parts/services procured from suppliers throughout the product lifecycle including sustaining change management.
You are responsible for:
- Engineering analysis of product quality defects and problem solving with Suppliers using Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) and Six Sigma Quality Engineering toolsets.
- Planning and executing Supplier quality performance trending, reporting, improvement and development activities.
- Assessing, approving and coordinating the qualification and implementation of Supplier Change Requests.
- Auditing Supplier technical capabilities and verifying change effectiveness through on-site visits.
- Participating in Design for Excellence reviews with Product Development and Suppliers.
- Driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) development, execution, monitoring and control as part of sustaining product/process changes.
- Conducting Supplier quality risk assessment and mitigation activities.
You are part of:
Our collaborative and high performing global Supplier Quality Engineering team in the company's Ultrasound Business Group where you will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with strong cross-functional collaboration while being exposed to challenging learning and growth opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 5 + years manufacturing, quality, or procurement engineering experience, medical device industry preferred
- Cabling, connectors, and electronic component experience preferred
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, six sigma certification preferred
- Effective decision making
- Influencing without authority
- Strong English communication skills; Spanish speaking bilingual a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time