Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer. The successful incumbent will investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and those appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule.
- Review Supplier PO’s and ensure all appropriate requirements are documented.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), and waste.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Aide Manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Magellan-Haverhill requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.
- Generate monthly Supplier Report cards and take action if quality issues occur or if below target Quality or Delivery scores persist. .
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams.
- Actively manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes.
- Aide in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition processes.
- Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems.
- Preparing for, managing and adhering to internal and external auditing schedules
- Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements pertaining to the environmental
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organization skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Process development skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)