Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
City: San Diego
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1472485359
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Supplier Quality Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in San Diego, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance of products and services purchased and/or provided by the supplier. Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure the quality of products and services purchased and/or supplied by the company.
- Aid in the selection of suppliers: assist with the supplier approval process.
- Manage suppliers: Ensure that quality assurance plans (system, product, transfers) are developed by suppliers.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Analyze and approve industrial validation (FAI) files submitted by suppliers.
- Assist with product development and industrialization.
- Ensure processes are carried out in compliance with procedures in force, in particular by taking part in reviews.
- Perform relevant monitoring activities at supplier sites (product/process/procedure audits/other interventions, tec.) to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and update supplier audit log and schedule.
- Promote continuous improvement at supplier sites by implementing effective methodologies for supplier management and improvement plans.
- Implement the inspections required at supplier sites in the event of a malfunction.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in quality in aeronautic or automotive industry.
- Practice of 8d, Ishikawa or equivalent analysis methods.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Monogram’s corporate Supplier Quality Assurance Requirements.
- Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology.
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Knowledge of product and end-user application/specifications, including product testing requirements (design/process interface).
- Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties.
- Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets.
- Strong knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, AS9102.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.