Supplier Quality Engineer (Tier 2)
Our client, a global tier one automotive supplier, is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their growing team in Elizabethtown, KY.
Why work here?
This company is a recognized leader in their product space and is experiencing growth in North America with product lines diversified across several verticals providing global strength and stability. This is a full-time position which offers full benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401K).
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for program development quality and for mass production quality of products to the company’s OEM customers.
- Identify, evaluate, and support Tier 2 assembly suppliers for value-add work
- Lead and/or participate on teams in technical root cause investigation and resolution for assembly supplier performance issues
- Perform verification &adjustment to APQP/PPAP documentation & practices
- Develop and maintain strong supplier support relationships
- Establish and maintain effective communication flow between suppliers and company sites in North America
- Manage Tier 2 Supplier key performance metrics
- Lead and/or participate in ongoing VA/VE programs
- Develop supplier technical capabilities as required to assure product cost and quality integrity
- 5+ years in automotive supplier quality management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supplier problem solving management
- Demonstrated expertise in automotive APQP principles and procedures
If you are interested in learning more, please apply to this posting.