Supplier Performance Manager
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Job Code: EB-1815143556
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Supplier Performance Manager for our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a direct hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- The main role of the Division Supplier Performance Manager is to monitor, analyze and take action with regard to supplier performance. Interact with internal cross-functional groups, customers and suppliers to define, coordinate, and deploy improvement activities utilizing project management and quality/lean tools. These activities are achieved via monitoring and detection initiatives including onsite audits and assessments as well as monthly/quarterly risk review of suppliers.
- Leads the quality and logistic performances of a supplier panel in coordination with internal stakeholders including procurement, quality and purchasing teams ensuring alignment with the midterm plan (MTP).
- Identifies trends and poor performing suppliers and then takes action as necessary to improve supplier performance and capability.
- Drives key stakeholders to define and deliver the corrective action plans ensuring results are achieved and sustainable with a key focus on production readiness, audits and for systemic quality issues.
- Performs onsite supplier audits and evaluations related to: Compliance, Capacity, Production/Change Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Equipment/Tooling Management, etc. and ensure closure of all findings and action items.
- Manages new program/product introduction with the supplier selected. Review and validate detailed supplier processes before to reach the full production rate with the support of other internal departments: Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Purchasing and Program.
- Uses proper methodology and tools to improve the supplier performance based on the previous assessment results.
- Supports commodity buyers and internal periodic supplier performance reviews within the division and the Group.
- Bachelor’s / Engineering Degree (Sciences, Mechanical or Electrical) with min. 3 to 10 years of experience
- APICS or similar Production control certifications required
- AS9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, NADCAP
- Electrical Harness/Cable Manufacturing
- IPC /WHMA-A 610/620
- Machining, Heat Treating, Coating/Plating, Mechanical Assembly
- FAA, Defense, (Regulatory)
- Advanced Quality Planning
- Problem Solving Skills – 8D, 5WHY
- Corrective /Preventive Action
- Lead Quality Auditor
- Statistical Analysis capability & reporting
- Strong Computer Skills - Microsoft Office Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Visio
- Demand Management
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.