This position will have a strong background in fabrication, supplier qualification, and manufacturing engineering. Hands-on experience in managing supplier relationships, conducting supplier qualification processes, and optimizing manufacturing processes. This role requires a deep understanding of fabrication techniques, quality control, and supply chain management to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality components for our products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supplier Relationship: Interface between company internal departments and on-site supplier development and management. Foster and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers as an extension of the primary points of contact. Collaborate closely between company personnel and suppliers to ensure open communication channels and mutual understanding of expectations, quality standards, and production timelines.
- Supplier Qualification: Support the quality function in the supplier qualification process by assessing potential suppliers' capabilities, capacities, and quality systems. Perform on-site audits and evaluations to ensure suppliers meet the company's quality and performance standards.
- Manufacturing Engineering Expertise: Apply manufacturing engineering knowledge to assess suppliers' manufacturing processes, identify areas for improvement, and collaborate on process optimization to enhance product quality, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Quality Assurance: As an extension of the Quality function the position will ensure suppliers adhere to quality control protocols, standards, and specifications. Implement continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the overall quality of supplied components. Supply Chain Optimization: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline the supply chain process, minimize lead times, and mitigate risks associated with supplier-related disruptions.
- Provide technical guidance and support to suppliers, addressing any technical challenges that may arise during the fabrication and manufacturing process. Collaborate on design for manufacturability (DFM) initiatives to enhance component manufacturability and assembly. Proactively identify potential issues or bottlenecks in the supply chain and manufacturing processes. Develop and implement effective solutions to mitigate risks and ensure timely delivery of components.
- Maintain accurate records of supplier interactions, audits, performance evaluations, and improvement initiatives. Generate comprehensive reports to communicate supplier performance and continuous improvement efforts. Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate closely with design, engineering, procurement, and quality assurance teams to align supplier capabilities with product requirements and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field.
- Master's degree is a plus.
Click here to apply online
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in fabrication, supplier qualification, and manufacturing engineering.
- Strong expertise in fabrication techniques, manufacturing processes, and quality control methodologies.
- Proven track record of successful supplier relationship management and supplier performance improvement.