Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Production Supervisor
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
A Challenging role for a talented, driven production supervisor in an established international aerospace manufacturing organisation. Candidate to be a self-motivated individual, able to coordinate other staff and colleagues to achieve and maintain production requirements and shop floor disciplines in an active market sector.
The role involves the holder being a strong leader with production supervision / management experience, able to deal with issue escalations and HR / Discipline related. Holder must work with minimum supervision and ensure best practices for efficiency and output of CNC Machines and production areas with a comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To supervise subordinates (Line Leaders etc) to ensure that the work is processed to customer specification in a timely manner to the appropriate Health and Safety and Environmental standards
- Update and maintain all metrics and KPI boards daily and conduct shop floor performance meetings in an effort to identify root cause and corrective action
- To organise the workload to meet business targets, setting and changing priorities as needed, and to arrange the necessary materials and resources, taking responsibility for the tools and equipment in terms of capability and maintainability
- To ensure all manning plans and forecasts are updated in line with agreed required level, stipulated by production control/rate review process
- To manage day to day HR issues within the Machine Shop, including recruitment, PDR’s, generating and maintaining high morale, maintaining and controlling attendance records, discipline, good employee relations and communications
- To lead and continuously improve the working practices of the Machine Shop, ensuring compliance with Quality standards, update the skills and training matrix as required. Ensure daily machine TPM is completed
- To communicate with union representatives on a daily basis
- To liaise with other internal departments i.e. Production Control, Engineering, etc. in an effort to plan work in accordance with MPS requirements.
- To put into place action plans to correct any areas where business targets are not met
- In the case of machinery and equipment failures, document these and communicate to the appropriate function, agreeing the necessary actions to restore production quickly
- To be responsible for the smooth introduction of new products and processes
- Carry other duties commensurate with the position as Cell Manager/Production Supervisor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of manufacturing supervision / management
- Knowledge and understanding of 5S principles and objectives
- Experience and ability to manage staff and resources including personnel development and training
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- AS9100 quality / business control experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Product inspection / verification skills
- Workforce motivation skills
- Training and personnel development
- Discipline and grievance management
- Resource and workforce planning
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Excellent resource planner
- Ability to communicate to a senior level
- Calm and processional in approach
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!