Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Supervisor, Financial Reporting at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and prepare periodic financial results, forecast and annual budget, including variance analysis and financial packs for corporate office.
- Review the month end close activities including journal entries prepared by staff for posting to the General Ledger and sign-off on month-end reconciliation on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the timely remittance and analysis of GST/PST and WCB.
- Act as point of contact for external auditors; Prepare audit working papers, respond to enquiries, co-ordinate with others in the company to respond to audit enquiries.
- Identify and implement necessary improvements to policies, procedures and internal business controls.
- Support finance and business leaders on a variety of reporting and presentations for the leadership meetings.
- Develop, monitor and interpret key operating metrics and trends; effectively communicate key business insights to management and business partners
- Develop and implement Financial Systems and reporting improvements that enhance business performance and/or improve management decision-making.
- Ensure compliance of revenue with IFRS 15.
- Manage payroll, AR and AP functions.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Completion of a Professional Accounting Designation (CMA, CGA, or CA).
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CMA/CGA) with 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in an accounting environment with experience managing direct reports.
- Big4 experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience with IFRS and internal controls improvements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Expert experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Access.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.