Supervisor - Production
Supervisor – Production
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Bangalore has an exciting opportunity for Supervisor - Production Department. This position works closely with the, Quality & SCM Team and Responsible for Control the planning and scheduling of shop floor, Manage and control production processes, Identify and implement lean improvements & Supervise and develop the team, Manage manufacturing improvement activities in an open, enthusiastic and positive manner, so as to encourage participation and development of a culture of Continuous Improvement at all levels
- Ensure the company's quality policy is understood and implemented.
- Ensure all Health & Safety rules are adhered to, be aware of fire exits and hazards in departments and maintain a safe environment.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Monitor and review subordinates for performance, training and future development.
- Maintain good time keeping and attendance.
- Teamwork – Show a positive attitude to work and others.
- Display flexible attitude to work time as required.
- Recognize and react to customer expectations.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Control the planning and scheduling of shopfloor
- Manage and control production processes
- Identify and implement lean improvements & Supervise and develop the team.
- Ensure that all machines and equipment are maintained in a satisfactory condition to maintain product quality and improve the general environment.
- Review scrap, non-conformance products and quality problem areas and action to resolve.
- Instigate disciplinary procedures where appropriate
- Manage manufacturing improvement activities in an open, enthusiastic and positive manner, so as to encourage participation and development of a culture of Continuous Improvement at all levels
Ideally, the jobholder should possess the following Education Qualifications, Skills and experience.
Education Qualification: Diploma / BE Mechanical / Production (With 5- 10 years’ Experience Min).
· To be experienced in aerospace sector
· Knowledge 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC Machines is a Must and Turn Mill Lathe (Sliding head CNC lathes) will is preferred
· Be capable of motivating and managing staff.
· Be numerate and have good computer skills – MS Office, ERP System
· Be able to keep calm and make quick, clear decisions while coping with pressure.
· IT skills to include Microsoft Office(Excel ,word, Power point), EFACS
Skills Set Required:
· Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
· Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
· Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
· Be capable of technically guiding the shop floor team in all aspects of manufacturing.
· Be capable of understanding, analyzing and effectively resolve all shop floor issues.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)