READY TO APPLY? SUBMIT YOUR RESUME BELOW.
Role Summary This position reports to the Field Operations Manager. The Company’s primary goal for your position is to utilize your skills as a field Superintendent for all variations of projects, large or small, timing with other assignments permitting. Your position may require you to travel and manage flow of multiple projects at times depending upon the workflow company wide as determined at the discretion of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Jobsite Relationships, Management and Communications
- Supervise, and occasionally self-perform construction trade activities.
- From time to time, project assignments may include a variety of travel and out of town work assignments.
- Resolves issues effectively seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, discussing and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Effectively collaborates and stays on the same page with team members.
- Exemplifies and upholds our core values: Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships, OWN IT, Integrity in all we Do, Always a Pro, Cutting edge Cool People.
- Exemplifies and upholds our Core Focus: Delivering Construction Excellence via Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships.
- Direct all field personnel, subcontractors and vendors and verify their work scopes in the field to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and at a high-quality level.
- Maintain the construction schedule, identify and solves problems. Assist the Project Manager in keeping schedules properly updated and ensure that the job meets the various required dates.
- Self-perform rough and finish carpentry, misc. finish work (tile, painting, etc.) and cleanup as may be needed/assigned.
- Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process. Prepare all daily and weekly reporting including daily reports, safety reports, 2-week look ahead schedules, etc.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and ensuring adherence.
- Cost & Quality Controls - Inspect all trade work; VIF all sub AWA request in writing; obtain Owner AWAs with signatures.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure the job’s costs are controlled.
- Review and becoming familiar with the project budget.
- Ensure adherence to project budget.
Safety and Quality
- Promotes and monitors job site safety, encourages safe work practices, rectifies job site hazards immediately, and ensures all employees and contractors are adhering to all safety policies.
- Maintain a clean and organized job site, including the construction office.
- Conduct weekly coordination & safety meetings with subcontractors and issue typewritten minutes as a result thereof
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, executed Subcontract and a Safety Program.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Prepare, schedule and supervise completion of a preliminary and final punch lists.
- Ensure all field personnel, subcontractors and vendors understand their roles in the punch list process.
- Supervise the work done by subcontractors complete each line item on the punch list.
- Evaluate the sub-contractors and send to the Field Operations Manager
- 3 years of experience working in a large scale professional commercial construction environment
- Possess strong accountability, problem solving for the greater good, and the ability to maintain solid relationships
- Exhibit attention to detail in conjunction with excellent communication skills.
- Cutting edge technical savvy skills are preferred.
Fiorilli Construction, Inc. offers cutting edge competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and so much more.