Our Client has provided superior design and construction services to the mining and civil industries for nearly 50 years. Additionally, they perform wet and dry utility installations utilizing both trenchless technologies and open cut excavation to complete projects, large or small in multiple geographic markets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project safely, on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Organizes and ensures the construction schedule is understood and followed by all employees, sub-contractors and vendors
- Conducts daily meetings to review safety and work activities
- Liaises with government inspectors, owners, clients, vendors on the standard requirements of the site in terms of licenses, building codes, and safety
- Follows the project construction process to ensure the project is completed on time.
- Makes sure that quality is met in the construction process and the budget is maintained.
- Writes weekly updates as to the project's progress and prepares a three week schedule "look ahead"
- Attends all on site meetings, including the monthly construction meeting, reporting on progress when asked
- Handle daily reporting functions as needed
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to supervise and communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Ability to schedule, multitask and be a good problem solver
- Knowledgeable in areas of mining, construction, and/or civil infrastructure. Knowledge of safety, regulations certifications, best practices
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office
- Highly organized with the ability to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Background and Drug Screening