Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Engineering Intern at our facility located in Glendale, Arizona.
The engineer intern will assist in the development and implementation of clear, complete and accurate working plans and or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes, according to specified dimensions using computer and specially designed software.
- Perform basic product design modifications.
- Develop basic detail and assembly drawings for products and equipment.
- Perform engineering change processes as necessary to support existing products.
- Create 3-D models from 2-D drawings.
- Generate and scan prints.
- Ability to perform mechanical design calculations.
- Test prototypes and standard products and write reports to document the results.
- Categorize a wide arrangement of existing parts.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education / Background
- You must be 18 years of age by the start of the summer internship assignment.
- Ability to work well independently and in team setting
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working towards a degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurial, or Engineering
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.