Subsidy Specialist - Tucson
JOB TITLE HERE - $17.01/hour
The Adoption Guardianship Subsidy Specialist provides full case management and crisis intervention services to adoptive families of children with special needs. This position determines if hard to place children in an adoptive home are eligible for adoption assistance and determines if the Adoption Subsidy Program is an option for permanency.
- Consults with the child's behavioral health and medical professionals, adoptive parents, school personnel and staff.
- Determines if hard to place children in adoptive homes are eligible for adoption assistance
- Completes required documentation on approved cases to comply with state and federal requirements
- Provides policies/procedures training and technical assistance to adoptive parents and workers
- Reviews and resolves high profile case-specific issues and concerns
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position
- A Bachelor's degree in Social work or other social science program is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of: Complex federal and state adoption laws, regulations and policies, Family dynamics, Child development and behavior, Sources of family conflict, Special services subsidies, Organization and follow-up, Interpretation of rules and regulations
- Previous experience in adoptions or child welfare is preferred but not required
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com