Title: Subcontracts Administrator
Job Code: EB-1170236654
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Subcontracts Administrator to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Anaheim, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Negotiate, place and administer major subcontracts and procurement. In this role you will work with Program Management, Engineering and Quality to develop procurement specifications and statements of work as well as prepare RFPs and lead source selection teams when evaluating potential and competed suppliers.
- Negotiate major subcontracts with selected suppliers, evaluate proposals and cost data, and take a leadership role in Subcontract Integrated Product Team (IPT) environments.
- Provide adequate cost and pricing analysis support for each subcontract. Ensure compliance with all Government, customer and corporate requirements, including, but not limited to, FAR, DFARS and appropriate certifications.
- Coordinate completion and close out of all subcontracts ensuring full compliance with all requirements.
- Ensure subcontract compliance with Public Laws, Corporate policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS/DPAS), and ITAR and import/export requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation of contractual changes and modification flowed down from the Contracts Department.
- Maintain productive relations with all suppliers, even under challenging conditions. Make periodic visits and/or perform surveillance and/or drive improvement plans at suppliers to validate Subcontract Compliance and Performance to Plan through active review of leading performance indicators, and timely report of status to Program Management and Engineering.
- Seek out and recommend appropriate Corrective/ Mitigating Action(s) when necessary, and new sources of supply when necessary.
- Effectively maintain subcontractor scorecards through actively leading in an IPT environment.
- Maintain effective communication with all Departments with regard to cost of materials, delivery status and progress, cost reduction proposals, technical problems and solutions, and all other issues affecting the continuity of material and/or services supply.
- Determine the appropriate selection and issuance of fixed price, time and materials, labor hours and cost-type subcontract agreements and/or purchase orders.
- Collaborate with the program the coordination of process validation, first article inspections as well as prototype and production schedule.
- Work in collaboration with the IPT team the coordination of early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or complex new products, systems, services, parts and designs to optimize quality and meet schedule.
- Contribute key data records to support Contractor Purchasing Systems Reviews (CPSR) and other Government, Customer and/or corporate audits.
- Oversee the management of subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including but not limited to management of Subcontract Data Related Lines items (SDRLs), financial obligations and mitigating cost overruns, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Measure the effectiveness and performance of subcontractors across the business based on active review and assessment of technical, schedule, quality, proposal and management performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Accounting, Business Law, Operations or Engineering from four-year college or university.
- 3 to 6+ years related experience in major Government/ Defense subcontracts.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards; considered an “up and coming” expert in the field.
- Experienced in high-dollar complex military hardware and services.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills required.
- Possess a clear and substantial understanding of Supply Chain Management, i.e., the most advantageous utilization of qualified suppliers in support of the Division’s goals and objectives.
- Possess strong PC skills in order to generate correspondence, charts, reports and data as required.
- Experience in purchasing, inventory, planning and MRP systems.
- Position will require 10% domestic travel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well with management, peers and other departments
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.