Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Position is in Nashville, TN.
Duties / Responsibilities
We represent a U.S. leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career and opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Structural Design Manager to join our client's growing team.
Basic Responsibilities of the Structural Design Manager include:
- Assist the company sales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the overall activities of the design group
- Control and Supervise all necessary processes to ensure that designs meet or exceed all applicable specifications and standards to guarantee customers safe and functional buildings
- Work with the design group to provide safe, thorough, complete, accurate and timely designs
- Aggressively maintaining the design schedule to meet internal and external customer demand
- Working with the Engineering Manager to:
- Develop and implement employee training and personal improvement programs as well as provide performance appraisals and recommend compensation adjustments based on performance
- Provide mentoring, coaching and accountability to the design group
- Develop and maintain current design policies, procedures and practices
- Develop and manage realistic department staffing requirements, expenditures for supplies and equipment and wage increases for employees
- Coordinate recruiting and interviews for additions to the design group and make hiring recommendations
- Participate in strategic planning for the design group to meet future anticipated needs
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- P.E. Registration
- 5+ years experience of engineering design experience in a construction-related field, particularly buildings
- Strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
Keywords: design supervisor, design engineering supervisor, engineering supervisor, design manager, design engineer, civil engineer, structural engineer, BSCE, P.E., P. Eng, professional engineer, civil professional engineer, pre-engineered buildings, pre-engineered metal buildings, pre-fabricated buildings, metal building systems, steel buildings, steel building industry