For over 100 years, this organization has continued to build on their reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, they are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The Designer I use engineering systems and drawings to provides project coordination and structural design services and models for customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides well utilized designs of members and connections for Detailing and Manufacturing that meet customer’s requirements
- Assures building’s structural integrity and safety
- Develops own basic product and procedure knowledge and improve technical knowledge
- Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high-performance work team
- Assures customer design service needs are met by meeting design schedules
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Provides technical assistance to customers on specific projects
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- PE License or EIT Certification