The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The Professional Engineer I uses engineering systems and drawings to provide project coordination and structural design services and models for customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides well utilized designs of members and connections for Detailing and Manufacturing that meet customer’s requirements.
- Assures building’s structural integrity and safety
- Develops own advanced product and procedure knowledge and improves technical knowledge
- Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high performance work team
- Assures customer design service needs are met by meeting design schedules
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Provides technical assistance to customers on specific projects as well as to new entry level Designers
- Develops structural quotes