Despite today’s tough retail environment, our multi-billion-dollar client is growing faster than ever! Few companies can boast the kind of performance and opportunity that you’ll find at this Fortune 500 company. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the nation, they’re a leader in their industry niche with sales and profit gains, year-after-year, and an employee bonus that’s paid out at 100% for over 6 years.
Manage categories of spend; be accountable for development and implementation of robust sourcing strategies that link to core business deliverables while leveraging the marketplace and supplier community. Perform end to end strategic sourcing and category management functions: analyzing third party spend to identify opportunities, developing category strategies, and executing the sourcing process (including but not limited to RFx, negotiations, contracting activities). Develop relationships and provide strategic category direction to executive management and cross functional teams. Work across other pyramids to drive value and provide guidance as well as ensure adherence to procurement processes and policy compliance across the enterprise.
- Lead the sourcing process (RFx, RFI, RFP, reverse auction, negotiations), evaluations processes, and provides procurement support to the assigned business units
- Utilizes the appropriate support tools to drive results and deliver savings
- Support stakeholder spend / vendor related initiatives as needed
- Lead the contract negotiation process, negotiating pricing, key terms, service level requirements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other performance metrics
- Manage the contract review process, obtaining the appropriate approvals prior to execution
- Maintain contracts for the assigned categories within the contract management tool on a continuous basis
- Develop and consistently execute category strategies across the assigned categories in support of achieving overall savings targets
- Analyze category markets, assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that impacts the category. Develop sourcing strategies and categorystrategies based on market intelligence gathered
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing and impact analysis
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify and execute continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Be the central point of expertise and knowledge for commercial aspects of each category
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams /interact cross-functionally with all other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization
- Monitor category purchasing reports and ensure compliance to policies and procedures on a continuous basis
- Identify and implement streamlined category purchasing processes and supporting tools
- Measure and manage “suppliers’” (aka vendors, providers, agencies, firms, etc.) performance relative to contracted service levels and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and supply contracts
- Maintain regular contact with current suppliers and resolve ongoing issues as needed
- Promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a regular and proactive basis
- Coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development
- Guide and coach procurement staff on Procurement best practices
- Candidates must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree, preferably Business, Finance and Accounting.
- Over 4 years in analytics and project management; Supply Chain Experience is a plus.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.