endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
This position is responsible for obtaining supplier recommendations, that meet Quality, Technology, and Cost standards for New Product development, regional or global. And later, leading the execution side for a successful approval and launch, working as “Sourcing Program Manager” in that capacity, potentially interacting with colleagues around the world on supplier development.
- Develop and execute robust sourcing and supply strategies for manufactured traded products for the Mobile Living Industry, ranging from full assembled appliances for the RV market, to outdoor products such as tents, kitchenware, coolers, thermal cups, storage units, etc.
- Scout and develop both Domestic and Global Sources, with a focus on Best Cost Country sourcing to maximize the Total Landed Cost.
- Actively evaluate make vs buys scenarios, potential synergies with existing supply base and focus in parallel on the development of non-traditional sources
- In collaboration with Sales (OE & Aftermarket) and Product Management, evaluate and propose new product categories to fill in market gaps within our industry segment.
- Active collaboration with suppliers and internal customers (cross functional teams) on day-to-day supply issues, quality assurance, successful part launches, engineering change process, product transfers, resourcing initiatives, capacity and supply chain planning, forecasting challenges; as well as in strategic matters such as continuous cost reduction projects, introduction of new technologies, advance developments, strategic alliances, etc.
- Negotiate and achieve YOY cost reductions and Best-in-class cost through the use of various tools including but not limited to: VA/VE, should cost analysis, product cost tear downs, supplier visits and on-site audits, supplier cost reduction workshops, supplier fact based negotiations & cost breakdowns, global sourcing, dual sourcing, raw material escalation/de-escalation price models, internal and external benchmarking, market intelligence and industry analysis, etc.
- Management of annual/multi-year supply agreements: negotiate the contractual needs, specifications, total cost (including logistics, MOQ, lead times towards inventory targets), stocking / just-in time agreements, payment terms, warranty terms, OTD and rest of Quality metrics per the Supplier Quality Manual. Manage and negotiate commercial issues that may arise (i.e. price increase requests). Able to articulate and negotiate contractual terms and Legal aspects.
- Supplier management, including the identification of new suppliers, qualification process, financial and business case analysis, and review against core processes, policies, and metrics (i.e. institute Supplier Scorecard process).
- Interface with both regional and global procurement teams for supplier evaluations, advance purchasing activities, leverage of cost, technology advancement, and supplier responsiveness.
- In charge of supplier recommendations, that meet Quality, Technology, and Cost standards for New Product development, regional or global. And later, leading the execution side for a successful approval and launch, working as “Sourcing Program Manager” in that capacity, potentially interacting with entities around the world on supplier development.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- Master Degree is a plus (completed or in process)
- Minimum 8-10 years in retail focused company in areas like Sourcing, Purchasing, Program Management, or Product Engineering.
- Familiar with and motivated by the Commercial side of Business (Purchasing preferably)
- In-depth knowledge of Purchasing area and Manufacturing processes
- Proven experience in sourcing finish good components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving, experience in business case and project financial analysis, strong project management skills.
- Computer skills are a must with proficiency in Excel (pivot table, formulas, reports)
- High mobility, 30% traveling within US to either company locations or suppliers
- Availability to travel overseas for 1 or 2 weeks, up to twice a year.
- Preferably experience in overseas trips and supplier development in low cost regions
- Drive for Project implementation
- Forward thinking – Strategic Mindset
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.