Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Stores Operative (nights)
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- Nights 37 hours per week. Mon-Wed 8pm till 6am and Thurs 8pm-3am
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To ensure the storage and distribution of goods coming in and going out are aligned to the production team and site requirements - including transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
- Interpret and comply with company HSE Policies and safety regulations
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate
- To complete daily tasks as required
- Participate in the daily SQDCP board meeting
- Once trained be able to fluctuate between different sections within the stores team
- Conduct daily PI count (as required) and report non-conformance to the Team Leader / Supervisor
- Maintain accurate stocks of materials, maintaining the traceability of all products.
- Ensure materials and job cards are issued to the factory accurately and in a timely fashion.
- When taking receipt of goods cross reference with customer order book.
- Ensure stock records reflect actual stock levels both in the stores and on site
- Ensure that stock items are used in the correct rotation order in line with batch, serial number or other Identification
- Maintain good Housekeeping in stores & delivery areas
- Ensure packaging materials are correctly stored reused and waste is recycled
- Identify on a daily basis incoming orders for immediate despatch to Customer or within an agreed specified time(s)
- Ensure goods are correctly packed and labelled, as per Dispatch SOP
- Ensure all paperwork has been completed eg COC
- FLT experience is desired but not essential
- Assist the Stores Team leader/ Supervisor in all duties deemed necessary to facilitate Operations
- Able to work different shift patterns to support the business needs (as required)
- Observe Company Quality procedures
- Identify non-conformance as it may adversely affect the airworthiness and inform the supervisor in such case
- Make suggestions to improve any processes
- Become involved in new product locations and warehouse lay out
- To ensure the work area complies to the company wide 6S standards
- Working experience within a stores/warehouse environment
- Working knowledge of an EFACS or similar operating system
- Working knowledge of specifications, SOP’s and Work Instructions
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Good Communicator
- Can analyse data
- Problem solver & decision maker
- Customer focused
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!