Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Stores Administrator
- Full Time 6 month Temporary Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for a versatile Stores Administrator to join our logistics team in our Wrexham facility. Our successful candidate will ensure all customer's invoices are completed as required and requisitions raised to support PO’s. Incoming material and any Purchase orders are booked into stock to ensure stock accuracy
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To raise customs invoices and requisitions as required
- To ensure all incoming materials are booking into stock according to the GRN and TX number to include subcontract work
- To cross check all goods in / out paperwork to ensure the correct part and information is in place before booking in/out (e.g. COC, engineering drawings for subcontract etc)
- To prepare parts for despatch to either subcontract processing or finished goods to customer
- To participate in stock takes within stores
- To maintain the stock levels on EFACS to alert purchasing to the need to replenish stock.
- To ensure work area is maintained to company wide 6S and health and safety standards
- The job holder is responsible for the daily booking in and out of materials from GRN / TX numbers Failure to do so may result in disruption to processes, late delivery and may lead to minor cost to the business.
- The job holder is required to work on own initiative and requires little supervision except for when priorities are provided from the Line Manager.
- The job requires the job holder to cross check received items are correct to the TX number prior to booking into EFACS (e.g. correct item and quantity). If they are incorrect it is the responsibility of the job holder to escalate the issue to the Line Manager. Failure to keep accurate checks in place may result in incorrect stock levels and may impact on costs
- A basic level of education (e.g. CSE Grade C or above).
- Additional vocational courses (e.g. Materials Handling) may be gained in house
- A minimum 2 years experience working in a manufacturing warehouse environment or 2 years on the job training within Magellan stores area.
- Experience of inventory within BOM’s (FI, Manufactured, Purchased – Sub & top level demands).
- The job holder to must be good team player, be approachable & flexible within the different ‘Stores’ disciplines
- Be a good communicator, articulate and numerate.
- IT skills to include Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as the use of EFACS.
- Possess problem solving skills and be well motivated with target & results driven abilities.
- Have the ability to recognise & escalate improvements & issues within the teams.
- Have good planning and organising ability in order to correctly locate and distribute the required material to the machines according to the production schedule.
- The job requires a basic level of numeracy to enable cross checking of TX numbers, COC’s and general paperwork to ensure the correct materials are received.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!