State Vice President of Operations
For our consumer lending client, the VP will drive the successful operations and achieve sales and profit objective by executing the overall company mission and strategy and establishes a regional strategy that addresses the various Districts within the Region. The VP will work with each District Supervisor to create specific plans to address needs and opportunities, and execute those plans through continuous drive, persistence, and inspiration of others. Must have Consumer Lending experience, preferably installment lending.
- Meets or exceeds sales and profit goals, by translating corporate strategy throughout the region and by ensuring every employee understands his/her impact on driving sales and responsibility in delivering that strategy.
- Develops a localized strategy that effectively addresses the needs of a given District while remaining consistent with the overall strategy and Company brand.
- Establishes the key priorities for focus and communicates those priorities throughout the region to ensure the alignment of the region with overall company strategy.
- Actively seeks out barriers to store sales performance and makes necessary decisions to remove those barriers.
- Anticipates future sales and service opportunities and participates in the development of initiatives aimed at responding to those opportunities in a proactive manner.
- Holds District Supervisors accountable for achieving objectives while also helping them understand the intent and inspiring them to drive for results on their own.
- Inspires the staff throughout the region to deliver results at or above plan on a consistent basis.
- Sets clear and measurable goals for Districts, follows up on performance, and holds others accountable for attaining those goals.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and operating reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and/or program improvement.
- Attracts and develops talented and diverse employees to drive overall sales and profitability performance within the region.
- Works constantly to stretch, challenge and develop District Supervisors and other leaders throughout the state.
- Leverages corporate, regional, District and store resources to effectively set and execute strategy, drive sales, and increase profitability.
- Must have 10+ years previous regional management experience required in multi-unit retail with at least 5 years in Consumer Lending, preferably installment lending.
- Must have excellent organizational and management skills.
- Computer and clerical experience is required (MS Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of the consumer lending industry and practices; stays current in industry trends through publications, affiliations, and trade conferences.
- Broad business perspective, demonstrating expert level business acumen.
- Experience analyzing and using customer, market and competitor analytics.
- Strong communication skills with outstanding interpersonal skills; must be able to relate positively, favorably, and cooperatively with others and manage relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel consistent with demands of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field, preferred.