Title: State Tax Manager (SALT Manager)Location: Dallas, TX (downtown)Salary: $150,000 - $170,000
$125,000 - $145,000 base salary
20% bonus target
In this opportunity you will manage the state tax function for a several billion dollar, mostly domestic, company. A few highlights:
- Report to the VP of Tax.
- Supervise three state tax seniors who prepare state income tax returns.
- Oversee tax planning projects that analyze the state tax impacts of various potential changes.
- Serve as the lead for state income and franchise tax audits (all the non-income tax audit defense is outsourced.)
- Manage all aspects of ASC-740 reserves and other aspects of state tax reporting.
- This company is in every state including DC and a few other jurisdictions.
- This is a 15 person tax department, so there are lots of opportunities to gain exposure to other areas of tax depending on what interests you.
5+ years state income tax experience