Title: Stanford Ticket Office Box Office Representative
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1603085859
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Marketing Administrative Assistant to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Assist with office administration work including opening, closing and keeping the office clean and organized, follow up on customer service calls/emails/live chat messages, promptly informing admin staff on any university department/client communications and issues that may arise, create and analyze reports.
- Sell event tickets and registrations in person (in the office or at campus venues) and by phone (incoming calls), process various forms of payment using a computerized ticketing point of sale system. Training will be provided. Must be tech-savvy.
- Set up and close event shifts at selected campus venues as needed (be responsible for laptop/s, ticket scanners, ticket printer/s, will call tickets, change funds etc.)
- Communicate detailed campus group, event and venue information effectively and consistently to customers to increase sales and improve customer service, experience and relations.
- Demonstrate empathy for customers and a sense of urgency to assist in resolving concerns professionally while maintaining enthusiastic, positive rapport.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate level Excel), ticketing/registration/fundraising and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must have cash handling, check and credit card transaction experience.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking and organizational skills. Self-starter and team-player.
- Diplomatic, proactive, enthusiastic, detail and team oriented, and abide by all policies and procedures.
- Some supervisory experience.
- Preferred experience in ticketing/box office (e.g. Live Nation/Ticketmaster) or hospitality, direct sales.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls, please.
As a W2 employee, you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.