Job Title: Staff Technician - On-Time Customer Delivery Specialist
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
To drive successful resolution of issues stopping production to meet customer delivery dates, working across all and any groups, working directly with Manufacturing Manager and reporting to the Director-Operations.
- Based on assigned work center and project responsibilities
- Meet daily with Manufacturing leaders in assigned areas to understand issues stopping production
- Supporting 1st and 2nd shift “production stopped” issues
- Work quickly to solve urgent requirements with departments, not limited to:
- Executing Group
- Planning Groups
- Purchasing and suppliers
- Activity and actions driven by issues communicated via issue pre-defined distribution lists (such as PSH_Production and PSH_Product)
- Provide real time solutions using tools and technology provided
- Track issue to closure and communicate to distribution the issue is closed
- Provide alternative solutions (such as longer cable lengths, use 20-Meter verse 10-Meter) with proper Customer, Segment and Engineering approvals
- Review all inventory, where used for “harvesting” parts from sub-assemblies or products
- Pull from mechanical or electrical units, while following proper procedures, guidelines and workmanship standards
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency in a demanding environment to keep production at any level, uninterrupted
- Elevate needs to management and senior management with a sense of urgency for issue resolution to promote production in manufacturing.
- Track and provide root cause analysis for issues with countermeasures
- Develop countermeasures for every item generated working across organizations within
- Reliable, consistent attendance is required.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization with people of varying job responsibilities and backgrounds
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Experience solving process related problems w/problem resolution
- Self-driven and motivated to push on issues daily
- Ability to read and interpret parts manuals quickly and efficiently
- Prior exposure to P-Series Products and Applications preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of ECN/ECO processing
- Well developed technical writing and communication skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Manages many tasks simultaneously, well organized
- High level of personal initiative; ability to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation
- Associate Degree or Technical Certificate in Robotics, Electronics, Mechatronics, licensed/journeyman preferred
- Minimum 5 or more years of Industrial Automation or relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic troubleshooting, and repair experience
- Experience with engineering guidelines, manufacturing production plans, test instruction documents, workmanship standards, work instructions, quality system, product manuals or engineering documentation.
- Experience work directly with executing groups and segments preferred
- Experience with ERP system including item master
- PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY
- Requires walking around high-bay and office to coordinate with internal groups
- Position involves some desk work
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- VISUAL ACUITY, HEARING, SPEAKING
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking is required.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
- General office environment and manufacturing at multiple facilities
- Required to work overtime to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
CORE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
The following training is required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employee Orientation
- Electronic Mail and PC Skills
- Safety Training
- Hazard Communications
- New Hire Quality/ESP
- IS Security Training
- Robot Mechanical, Electrical unit training
- Baan Business Operating Systems Training
- Import/Export Training