McCall and Lee has been engaged by a clinical Pharmacy near Miami to recruit a Pharmacist to join their team.
We are seeking a well skilled, highly productive team player who will provide top notch treatment to patients, families, pharmacy personnel, and physicians.
New Grads Welcome!!
• Provide daily pharmaceutical care to patients
• Position provides oversight for outpatient infusion medication order interpretation, entry, and compounding
• Acts as a drug information resource to patients, families, nursing personnel, and physicians
• Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties
• Current Pharmacist registration; AHA CPR required by end of month from 60 days of hire and maintained
• Knowledge of pharmacokinetics, drug utilization review, drug distribution systems
• Communication skills and patient assessment skills to provide optimum and safe drug services to patients, families, nursing personnel, and physicians Preferred:
• Clinical pharmacy experience is a plus
• Advanced certification training in anticoagulation. AHA ACLS
Lic/Reg/Cert: Pharmacist License (or eligible for reciprocity)
Essential Pharmacist Job Functions:
• Assesses IV medication orders for drug stability, compatibility, patient compliance
• Participates in care planning process including
• Identifying problems, determining the appropriate interventions, following outcomes
• Reviews current medications and is able to address drug-drug and drug-disease interactions
• Appropriately documents interventions
• Clinical expertise in the following areas: Parenteral and Enteral nutrition, Antibiotics/antivirals, Pain Control, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Oncology, Anticoagulation and Medication Therapy management.
• Follows lab work and makes clinical decisions regarding results appropriately
• Completes a limited physical assessment and takes a complete patient medication history, if applicable
• Reviews, understands, and adheres to CTC and SLIC/SLAC policies and procedures and participates in the maintenance of all order sets
• Provide appropriate patient medication education and follows good bedside manner when interviewing or educating patients
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of pumps and DME used by SLIC and CTC
• Knowledgeable of reimbursement issues: Medicare coverage, 3rd party contracts, Pre-authorization requirements, and split bills and bundling requirements. Performs monthly audits for charge capture and medication usage per physician
• Directly supervises technicians in proper I.V. admixture, labeling and distribution of medications
• Works on project(s) that contribute to the development and subsequent improvement of the Pharmacy Department
• Maintains competency in all position responsibilities and voices ideas/opinions in staff meetings
Please send your resume and/or CV to:
251 355 2500