Our client has an immediate need for a Staff Accountant.Duties:
• Maintain the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all transactions. Review entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Managing financial statement preparation and month-end, quarterly and year-end closing.
• Monitoring and reviewing all record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transactions.
• Assist in taking periodic inventories and making stock adjustments.
• Performing all basic accounting procedures, financial statement preparation, journal entries and general ledger maintenance, inventory roll forwards, and fixed assets and margin analysis; preparing supporting schedules for financial statements preparation.
• Completion of forms for licenses and fees for various states and agriculture departments. Including but not limited to sales tax returns, tonnage taxes, IFTA taxes, property taxes and payroll taxes.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts. Verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems. Maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
• Review accounts receivable, calculate finance charges, print and mail monthly customer statements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field required
• 3 or more years progressive experience
• Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work and interact with department and client organizations
• Strong computer aptitude, including expertise with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Word as well as applicable accounting software
If you meet the above qualifications please submit your resume to William at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to apply online