Staff Accountant - Augusta, Georgia
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant based out of our facility in Augusta, Ga. This position will report to the Assistant Group Controller and will be involved in, or directly responsible for, support of Accounting and other compliance matters for our operations.
Responsibilities involved in this position include the following:
- Prepare and assist in the month end close process for multi-location reporting including journal entries and allocations, variance analysis, balance sheet account reconciliations
- Manage fixed assets and capital documentation for the Corporate location
- Act as subject matter expert and manage the intercompany invoicing and reconciliation process across the business units
- Responsible for upload of financial from local ERP ledgers to Corporate consolidation software (Cognos)
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Supports the Assistant Group Controller and communicates as a business partner/liaison for the company to prepare accounting activities, financial reports, and analysis
- Provide assistance with the accounts payable function including vendor master maintenance for the business unit sites.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller’s Group and Business Units as required to accomplish goals.
- Serve as administrator of expense reporting tool
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Previous accounting experience preferred
- Experience working with larger accounting systems a plus
- Detail oriented and comfortable analyzing large volumes of data
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to function in a team or as an individual contributor
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment and assignments
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
Click here to apply online