Staff Accountant - Atlanta
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting of assigned properties responsibilities. Responsibilities include month-end close for assigned business units, reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis, and general ledger on a regular basis, budgeting/reforecasting for assigned business units, quarterly corporate reporting schedules and assisting property management and accounting department with projects as needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
- All accounting for buildings, joint venture and wholly owned. Work includes review of accounts payables, accounts receivables, expense accruals, verifying revenue, operating expense adjustments, verify all balance sheet accounts, close properties monthly.
- Assist Asset Managers with quarterly forecasts.
- Interact with Joint Venture partners and prepare venture reporting monthly
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts to supporting detail on a monthly basis
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of annual budget with property manager
- Assist property management as needed.
- Review and approve all payables relating to assigned properties
- Prepare and review general ledgers, balance sheets and income statements on a monthly basis
- Assist in annual operating expense audit and venture audit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (minimum requirements):
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting required.
- Real estate experience required.
- Experience in JD Edwards preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve required results.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) is required.