STAFF ACCOUNTANT - Roswell, GA
We are working with a client in the Roswell, GA area that has an immediate need for a Staff Accountant. Position details as follows:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all A/P and A/R functions and other financial and accounting matters as directed.
- Full ownership of Accounts Receivable, including preparing invoices, processing receipts, maintaining strong client relationships and managing the collections process to minimize past due receivables.
- Full ownership of Accounts Payable, including processing bills in QuickBooks using correct GL codes and classes, obtaining proper approvals and paying bills on time. Maintain organized and up-to-date vendor files and develop a good working relationship with vendors.
- Monitor company cash balances, initiate recurring and one-time ACH payments and wire transfers as needed and monitor the Positive Pay function.
- Enter credit card charges in QuickBooks in a timely manner using correct GL codes and classes, be proactive in following up on missing receipts, and assemble monthly statements with receipts attached.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns and remit sales tax payments.
- Prepare departmental variance reports and distribute as directed.
- Assist with payroll processing, 401(K) plan record-keeping, and commission calculations as directed.
- Assist with GL journals, reconciliation of bank accounts, preparation of monthly balance sheet and profit and loss statements, and other monthly closing tasks as directed.
- Adhere to all accounting deadlines and maintain open communications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience in an accounting department, including A/R and A/P
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- An eagerness to learn and a desire to be part of a successful team
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, internally and with clients
- Discretion and business ethics
- Proficiency in software applications and aptitude for learning systems quickly
- QuickBooks experience required
- Strong Excel and Word skills (pivot tables, mail merge, etc.)
- Salesforce (preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Click here to apply online
The company offers:
Flexible work hours
Remote work one day a week
Health Insurance & additional benefits
PTO & Holidays