Our company is growing and hiring a Staff Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a head for numbers, experience with MS Excel, and strong analytical skills. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Supervisor, and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment. We offer opportunities for advancement for the right candidate, and a competitive salary.
- Assist the Accounting Manager, Controller and CFO as required
- Assist in the processing and review and payment of accounts payable
- Assist in the processing and review of employee expense reports
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Post journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue
- Record Capital Expenditures
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies. Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Corrects accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustment
- Prepares fixed asset depreciation and accruals
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Firm grasp of basic and intermediate accounting principles
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or finance.
- 2+ years’ experience (accounting experience preferred, but not required)
Click here to apply online