United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) is seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Staff Accountant with at least 2-3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial operations of our manufacturing organization. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller and other accounting staff to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data and to support the achievement of the organization's financial goals. The pay range is $60k to $70k.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory accounts.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end close processes, including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting processes, including analyzing variances between actual and budgeted amounts.
- Assist with audits, including providing documentation and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Participate in the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and other accounting standards.
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Operations, Engineering, and Sales, to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting with 2 to 3 years’ experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficiency with accounting software (DP Payroll, FAS Fixed Asset Software, Great Plains Accounting System)
- MRP System experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)