Our client is looking to hire a Staff Accountant
to join their team.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Resolve accounts payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Assist with monthly submittal applications/invoices to various General Contractors for multiple construction related projects.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare any ad hoc reports that may be requested.
- Process checks for expense reports and per diems.
- Verify authenticity of checks being cashed at banks and other third-party locations.
- Import data from POS programs into QuickBooks and resolve any discrepancies.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Analyze financial information for variances and accuracy.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Assist in the development of monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Complete end-of-month close procedures.
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related (preferred).
- 1 to 3 years of accounting work experience (preferred).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages, such as, but not limited to QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics.