Our client is seeking a staff accountant to join their team in Downtown, Chicago. This is a well established company that offers excellent benefits.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger.
- Work closely with the entire Finance team and act as a backup for critical roles and responsibilities, including AR collections, AP and Payroll.
- Investigate revenue and expense discrepancies and provide variance explanations.
- Improve departmental processes and procedures to expedite the close process while ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- Assist in the preparation of the company annual audits and work in collaboration with tax partners to file returns.
- Assist in researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Support various ad hoc projects and analysis for management, including forecasts, budgets, and account analysis.
Requirements:A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance2+ years of full-time solid, progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledge of fundamental GAAP rules
- Strong Excel skills