The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with month end close, preparing journal entries, monitoring controls, client billing, and balance sheet account reconciliations. This position will assist the Accounting Manager to analyze financial data and present financial reports/ statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with the goal of communicating with the management team on findings and present results at management meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and posting of standard/adjusting journal entries.
- Assist with analyzing information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist with Monthly Close-Out Cycle
- Responsible for Monthly Billing Cycle including processing monthly bills
- Responsible for ensuring accurate processing of payroll transactions
- Track and review the job cost and total company expenditures
- Assist and support administrative functions
- Proficient in creating Excel Spreadsheets
- Recommends changes to accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures;
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Deltek or a complex ERP system required (something other than QuickBooks or Peachtree) and experience with accounting system conversions is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment
- Adept in General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Processes
- Must be proficient in Excel, including Pivot Tables and V Lookup
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Click here to apply online
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- ACCOUNTING: Minimum of 3 years of experience