Our client is rapidly growing national services company, headquartered in Sarasota. Being a part of this outstanding team offers an opportunity to learn and advance.
- Execute daily accounting functions, which include operating the general ledger system, and period-end close work
- Complete period-end closing procedures in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries
- Maintains and reconciles a variety of ledgers and accounts; examines accounting transactions to ensure accuracy; corrects financial records as necessary.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations per period, quarter and year-end
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to inquiries on financial matters from corporate and restaurant management
- Assist with period-end accrual entries
- Assist in fixed asset accounting
- Perform a variety of special projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills for researching and identifying discrepancies
- Experience working with accounting software, (Great Plains is a plus)