The Staff Accountant has responsibility for recording monthly activity for various assigned business units in a timely and accurate manner; maintaining the Fixed Asset records and ensuring the consistent and timely reconciliation from the General Ledger to the FAS system; preparing journal entries, and assisting with audits/ special projects.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS:
- Prepare and record all Fixed Asset and CIP related journal entries
- Prepare reconciliations for Fixed Asset/ CIP and assigned accounts monthly accounts
-Prepare and distribute Capital spending analysis scorecard and reconcile to G/L.
- Assist with other monthly JE’s and monthly variance explanations as requested
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Equivalent job-related experience might be substituted for educational degree(s).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
-2-4 years of experience with GL closing activities including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, periodic accruals
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- General understanding of GAAP.
- Detailed with a strong passion for excellence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Diligent at meeting deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
- Computer competency in Excel and a large ERP system